Health & Safety Policy
American Bridge UK Limited (ABUK) recognises that we have a moral and legal obligation to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all our employees and any other people who may be affected by our activities.
Our policy is to:
- Prevent accidents, injuries and causes of work-related ill-health by fully implementing and maintaining the requirements of our management system which is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety Management Systems
- Comply with all legal and other requirements as a minimum standard
- Provide sufficient and suitable resources to make sure that we meet our legal duties with regards to health, safety and well-being
- Provide adequate controls to manage the health, safety and well-being risks arising from our activities and promote best practise
- Ensure that all employees are competent for the works they are undertaking by providing instruction, training, supervision and information to enable all employees to carry out their duties in a safe manner
- Monitor working hours and shift patterns to minimise the likelihood of fatigue
- Encourage the co-operation, commitment and communication of all employees in the implementation of our health, safety and well-being policy
- Set and monitor objectives and targets to continually improve our health and safety management and performance and the health and safety of our employees
Mission and values
Our commitment to a safe work place is embodied in our safety vision:
We have developed an ABUK Health and Safety management plan to define the processes required for effective safety planning, training, observation, and feedback to reduce the incidence of illnesses and injuries. The Health and Safety arrangements are founded on the belief that we can achieve a ZERO safety incident workplace. We believe safety has no hierarchy. Every employee shares equally in the right to a safe workplace, as well as the responsibility for achieving this goal.
Every employee has a responsibility for ensuring that they;
- Undertake the work they are required to do, taking reasonable care for the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and all those who may be affected by the works
- Follow the rules and co-operate with the management in any efforts to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Report any accident, incident, near miss or close call. We expect all employees to follow the concept of “see something, say something” and all reports will be fully investigated.
- Become familiar with and conform to this policy and relevant safety instructions at all times.
Our policy will be reviewed annually or following significant changes and revised as necessary.
Published June 2019