At American Bridge UK Limited (ABUK) we recognise that we have a legal and moral obligation to protect the environment. We know that our activities may have an impact on the environment and we are committed to minimising this impact. As part of our commitment to environmental protection we have implemented a management system which is certified to ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems.
It is our policy to:
- Maintain certification to ISO 14001:2015 and regularly review the system to ensure it remains relevant and fits the ongoing needs of the business
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, standards and any other requirements applicable to the scope of our activities
- Define and review any actual and potential aspects and impacts that our activities may have on the environment
- Ensure that adequate resources, equipment, instruction and training is in place to fulfil our duties
- Prevent pollution, minimise waste and maximise the efficient use of resources
- Strive for continual improvement by setting objectives and targets, and reviewing our performance on a regular basis
- Identify and manage key risks and have emergency response plans in place so we can respond to all foreseeable environmental incidents and emergencies effectively
- Involve our employees and those working on our behalf in our environmental programs and ensure they have the necessary skills and information to carry out their roles effectively
- Keep our employees and those working on our behalf informed by communicating to them our policy and objectives, so they are aware of our performance
- It is the responsibility of all of us to carry out our tasks to help meet our objectives and everyone is invited to contribute their ideas for improvement
On request our policy is made available to all including members of the public.
For each project we develop and implement a specific Environmental Management Plan that defines the processes required to manage our environmental impacts and to meet our environmental legal and statutory obligations. This will be briefed to all relevant parties as part of the site induction and well as during other training courses/briefings on site.
Our policy will be reviewed annually or following significant changes and revised as necessary.
Published June 2019